Most of us through out our lives have experience stress or just feeling anxious. Sometimes when we are so worried about something in our lives in ends up we have an anxiety attack over it. That feeling when you first have one is such a horrible experience we don’t know what is happening to us which makes us feel even more anxiety because we panic and don’t understand what’s happening.
Some symptoms’ may include heart palpitations’, sweaty hands, a feeling that we want to run. You can experience many different sensations through out the body. Then once we experience this then we get scared about it happening again so then we end up in a viscous circle of being worried about having an anxiety attack and then when we do have one we hold on to it, or tense up and so it prolongs the anxiety attack even further. So we tend to live each day worrying about whether it’s going to happen again.
I have experience all this myself and felt it was just controlling my life. Till one day I said to myself is anxiety attacks going to control me or am I going to control anxiety attacks. I found a couple of books and read them. These are couple of points that helped me.
• The biggest and best you can do is first let it go. When you have an anxiety attack just allow it to happen, don’t hold on to it. I know that it is very hard to do but believe me when I first let it go I could not believe how fast it went away. Just allow it to happen, feel what’s happening in your body, don’t hold on to what’s happening just let it go.
• By breathing normally or best is have a mint, eat something, or start talking or sing to the music. It tends to get your breathing back to normal. That is one of the reasons we feel light headed or dizzy when we have an anxiety attack is because we are breathing so fast there is to much oxygen in the brain. So concentrate on your breathing and just breathe nice and slow.
• Vitamin B complex is great it helps you relax, get out and do more exercise it helps you release your frustrations it also induces endorphin’s which is the feel good hormone that is released through the body when we exercise. Notice after you exercise how good and relaxed you feel.
• Take time out in your life each day and think about your life, are you happy? What could you do to make it change? Ask yourself these questions, only you can make yourself happy. Don’t rely on others to make you happy that is not their responsibility it’s yours. So take control of your life and don’t allow others to control you.
• EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) is a great technique to use. You can use it in all aspects of your life. From Anxiety Attacks, Health, fitness, wealth. Go to emofree there is a wealth of information there for you to get started with this great technique.
Just remember Anxiety is not a physical condition it is an emotional condition and it’s a way for your body to tell you that your mind is not healthy. So take what your body is saying to you and do something about it before it does turn into physical sickness in your body. I experienced anxiety for about 10 years myself; I have been there and done that. I never thought I could get rid of it. Until one day I made the decision that I am going to control it, it’s not going to control me.
Buy some books read them, take the advice and try what they say. You DON’T need drugs to control anxiety only you can control Anxiety.
“Change happens not by making ourselves change but by realizing what’s not working”
No body has any fun with persisting anxiety problems. No body understands the your situation when you are suffering from anxiety until and unless that person himself or herself has suffered from anxiety. Therefore in such case intake of a pill can help your situation or you can learn a few courses of action of self-help, which would help your deal better when you are anxious. However you must know that if you are taking pills to make living with anxiety better then you might as well become physically and psychologically dependent on pills. So you must not count pills as the permanent solution. You wont gain complete freedom of mind and satisfaction by taking pills. It is recommended that you seek doctor’s advice so that the root cause of your anxiety can be detected at the initial stage.
You can always help your situation although the symptoms will never completely disappear. With the anxiety self help tools many people have learnt dealing better with anxiety.
Here are a few things that will help.
1. Check your diet.
When we have a balanced diet then our bodies tend to function better. If there are no adequate vitamins, minerals in our diet then it might lead to emotional and mental troubles.
Panic disorders can be caused due to deficiency in the regular diet. 200 mg of calcium and 1000 mg of magnesium should be added to your regular diet. Inclusion of iron, potassium, selenium and chromium will help to deal you with anxiety self help. Eating a lot of vegetables, whole grains and nuts can be taken as self help tool in managing anxiety.
You must avoid refined sugar, soft drinks, alcohol, coffee, and any else that has caffeine content like tea, coffee, or chocolate.
2. Get some exercise.
Regular exercising will help your body to relax and relieve it from stress and also help toning your body. Therefore exercising definitely helps in alleviating anxiety.
You must include a 30 minutes exercising program daily. Exercising helps in producing endorphins. You will see you feel better after you exercise.
3. Learn how to relax.
It is important to learn to pursue activities that will help you to relax. Listening to music, talking to a friend, working on a crossword puzzle, read a good book, take a walk, a nap, paint a picture, or some other hobby? Doing things that you enjoy will definitely help to alleviate your stress.
4. Get enough sleep
If you are stressed and suffering from anxiety as a result, then try to get some deep and proper sleep. Sleep is a natural relaxer and sleeping will definitely do good to you when you are suffering from anxiety. Learn to let some of those other things go, and perform some anxiety self help.
5. Remove a negative attitude
There are various external forces that may add a negativity in you, which might lead to stress. Try and avoid developing any negative feelings. Such feelings can only spoil your day. Inorder to avoid such feelings grow in you may take help of the self-help methods and those are bound to help!
In short it is advised that don’t external affairs stress you and aggravate your anxiety and you just make your living with anxiety easier by adopting some self-help measures.