1. You’ll brand your web site, business and yourself by submitting articles to e-zines. Introduce yourself in your article. Haven’t you ever read an article and wondered half way through it who is selling the product? It’s a big turn off. You could include your name, business name, your credentials, web site address and e-mail address in your resource box.
2. Participate in chat rooms and forums related to your targeted audience. Include the web addresses in your article so your prospects can view them for themselves. You will become known as an expert on the topics you write about. This will give you and your business extra credibility which will help you get more sales.
3. Your article might also be placed on the publisher’s home page. If they publish each issue on their home page this will give you some extra exposure. It’s like being in the number one position on Google, everyone reads the first page.
4. You might get extra exposure if the e-zine publisher archives their e-zine on their site. People might want to read the back issues before they make the decision to subscribe. Offer your visitors incentives for revisiting your web site. You could give them new content, ebooks, software, ezine, etc. Go through your files, you more than likely have an ebook you can give away.
5. You will get free advertising. This will allow you to spend your profits on other forms of advertising. You could buy advertisements in other e-zines that don’t publish your articles. When you purchase advertisement space it’s more than likely your article is reaching your targeted market, so make it compelling. If they like your article they are more apt to buy.
6. You might get extra income from people wanting to hire you to write other articles, books, or even ask to speak at seminars. Become a ghostwriter. Some people find it easier to pay someone to write their articles for them. This is a great way to multiply your income.
7. You could allow e-zine publishers to publish your articles in their free e-books. The great thing about having your article published in an e-book is that you become an instant authority on the subject. Since people give them away, your advertising could multiply all over the Internet.
8. You will get your article published all over the web when you submit it to an e-zine publisher that has a free content directory on their web site. They’ll allow their visitors to republish your article.
9. You’ll gain people’s trust. If they read your article and like it, they won’t be as hesitant to buy your product or service. Persuade visitors to link to your web site. Give them a freebie in exchange for them linking to your web site. It could be content, software, etc. You will then be able to increase your profits.
10. You could get your article guaranteed to run in an e-zine. You could agree to run one of their articles in your e-zine if, in exchange, they run yours in their e-zine. This could turn out to be a Joint Venture. This will double your exposure and perhaps your income.