Speaking of green culture, eco furniture is the next happening thing in the world of home and office décor. Eco home furniture segment offers different styles from solid wood traditional designs, to quite up-to-date modern and modular furniture.
Environment friendly furniture not only helps with a good cause, it is specially crafted in such a manner that it has minimum negative impact on the environment. It is sourced from renewable resources and there are few or no chemicals used that result in harming the environment. Herbal oils and polish is used to minimize the toxic levels. Furniture crafted from recycled material and which also can be recycled also falls under the same category.
Green living ensures that we do not burden the environment and also burn off precious energy from virgin resources. You can easily find great modern and traditional home designs in furniture that is unique and economical and as enticing as other furniture made from regular sources. Often, green furniture is considered boring and quite unexciting. But that is not the case, and you can find many creative designers crafting fabulous pieces of furniture for the environment friendly buffs who care about their actions.
Certification : There are different certifications you can watch out for while buying furniture like FSC, LEED certification and look out for other factors like whether the furniture you buy is sourced from renewable or recyclable sources and whether the furniture you buy is also recyclable. Following are some points you may like to pay attention to
• The furniture can be made from rapid renewable or sustainable material like bamboo or cork. Also, recycled materials can also be any material previously used like factory scraps, salvaged or post-consumer material like old furniture or items disposed off. Also, materials that have gone through very little processing such as natural granite, stone, slate, and wood are also considered green, as they expend little energy during the manufacturing process.
• Non-toxic: The furniture should be free from chemicals and compounds. It should reduce or completely eliminate the use of toxic chemicals for production and finish such as chlorine, wood preservatives such as creosote and PVC which depletes the ozone and are labeled ‘green’.
• Depletion of natural resources: High operational costs for a manufacturing can have a negative impact on the environment. The costs include electricity and other natural resources, including costs on packaging. Green products are the ones that are minimally packaged, preferably with recycled materials. Also, handmade products that do not consume much fuel are also eco-friendly.
• Multifunctional furniture not sourced from protected forests, uses recycled material that is eco-friendly and also reduces the cost of transportation as also reduces trash on earth can be termed eco-friendly.
• There is a eco-friendly stream of building products that reduce the impact of environment to create a healthy and green system. Bamboo for instance is a fast growing grass and when used as a building material like flooring etc, it can contribute in eco-friendly homes and construction, and is certified by LEED points recognized as a green effort to architects.
There are simple facts about environment-friendly furniture and furniture designers are realizing its importance in fashioning furniture that is not just green, but thoughtful in the most practical sense. For we all can in some way contribute to the green culture that is not just in vogue, but also the right thing. And the designs follow the trendier path, even with its functionality and it’s really a fashion statement to embrace green living as part of everyday life.