Having a goal in your life is important. Otherwise, you won’t feel the need to live on.
Yet, some can’t achieve the goal because of they don’t know how to set it effectively and correctly.
Yes, the goal setting is as important as the achievement. You’ll reach your goal a lot more easily if set it well.
Here are some important notes for you to comprehend on an effective goal setting:
• The most important thing in setting your goal is to be precise. Try to include time, date and other details to ease you in the process. Also, it helps you measure the achievement.
Write your goals down on paper so that you can avoid any confusion. It also can help you commit to your own words.
• Try to set goals over something that you will still be able to control. This can help you guide your accomplishment in the goal. Avoid anything that might have external factors that might keep you away from achieving your goal.
Try not to make goals based on a reward system. It might highly motivate you at the commencement but once you achieve these types of goals you might not feel as much personal satisfaction.
• It is extremely vital to set a realistic goal. Don’t set a goal that is too high for you. You have to know your level of performance. The goal has to be set within the levels. One or two levels higher will be acceptable. But, five to ten levels higher will just end you up in desperation for not being able to achieve the goal.
• Yet, don’t make it too easy when setting your goal. Low goal is easy to achieve but you won’t get as much satisfaction.
The process of goal achievement should also be a process for you to be a better person, to be more self-confident. If you can achieve a big goal, it will surely raise your self-confidence level. Just get yourself be challenged by your goal.
Don’t be afraid of failure. Yet don’t let it get you drowned.
• Thinking through your goals before you make them. This way, you can end up making only wise goals.
You need to go through several details and factors before finally setting the goal. First, consider the other commitments that you have made, will it be keeping you away from your effort to reach your goals? Second, how much time you have to devote to achieving your goal? Do you think you have that much of time? Third, what are the skills that you need to have to help you reach the goal? Forth, think about alternative ways to achieve the goals.
If you have set the goals in a correct and effective way, you can now do all you can to make them come true. Good luck!