Candidiasis is an infection caused by the over-growing of the fungus called Candida albicans. These fungus normally grows in the stomach but harmful if found in other parts of the body. This infection is also known as thrush or yeast infection.
Normally it is found in the human stomach as it aids in digestion. If it is found in some parts of the body, it could be a serious sign or symptom of the disease. These are the body parts where Candida albicans could be found:
1. In the male genitals specifically in the prepuce of the uncircumcised man.
2. In the vagina, this is called vaginitis or vaginal irritation.
3. Fold of the skin where diaper is placed, this is called diaper rash.
4. In the oral cavities, this is called oral thrush.
Yeast are normally found in the human body, but it becomes abnormal if it overgrows on a certain parts where it should not even be there. Most women experience yeast infection in their life as Candida albicans can be found on the vagina due to over productionof yeast. In pregnant mothers, the use of antibiotics and diabetes can be a cause of candida infection.
You will know if you have candida infection if you will note the following signs and symptoms. In the vagina, you will notice a whitish gray discharge. That sometimes look like cheese or smells like beer or baking soda.
To determine the presense of candia, you can use potassium hydroxide (KOH). A piece or a skin scrap of the affected area is then placed on the slide to be viewed over the microscope. A small amount of KOH is dropped over the slide, the KOH is dissolved by the skin leaving the microorganisms unharmed. You will be seeing the pores of the Candida albicans over the microscope. If it is present in huge numbers, it will suggest yeast infection.
You may then have to rub your skin with a sterile swab. It must also be rubbed over the cultured medium, which will be incubated in a few days. Colonies of yeast may develop which gives a concrete idea of the presence of the disease in the body of the tested specimen.
Home remedies can treat this infection effectively. You can use the following guidelines to be able to get rid of candida infection:
• The most effective treatment for yeast infection is acidophilus. Acidophilus comes into many forms, such as tablets, caplets, liquid, ointment form and powdered. You can take the treatment orally or topical. Acidophilus ointments are also effective in treating the infection. The duration may take two weeks for your infection to vanish completely.
• You can also use boiled guava leaves as an antiseptic wash for your infected vagina. It has antiseptic properties that effectively removes the bacteria that grow in the skin of your vagina.
• You can also use garlic together with tea tree oil, as it is also a powerful treatment for yeast infection.
This information will be a great help for you to eliminate the infection of yeast in your body. Knowledge about the disease is the most effective tool in treating the infection.
Note: This article may be freely reproduced as long as the AUTHOR’S resource box at the bottom of this article is included and and all links must be Active/Linkable with no syntax changes.